The ORANJ Tree Newsletter (pdf)
- ORANJ Leaf #10 January 2018 – Warren Sawyer, Neil Hartman, & Kathy Riley
- ORANJ Leaf #9 – October 2017 – Sharing Our Stories
- ORANJ Leaf #8 – Sept. 2017 – Brooklynites at Fellowship Village
- ORANJ Leaf #7 – April 2017 – Guidebook for Finance Committees
- ORANJ Leaf #6 – March 2016 – NY Times re CCRCs
- ORANJ Leaf #5 – November 2015 – A New Name for CCRCs?
- ORANJ Leaf #4 – June 2015 – We Deserve a Say
- ORANJ Leaf #3 – April 2015 – CCRC Bill of Rights Distribution
- ORANJ Leaf #2 – February 2015 – National CCRA
- ORANJ Leaf #1 – January 2015 – Services of the NJ Ombudsman
ORANJ Trifold Brochure (pdf)
Legislative Committee Handbook
The ORANJ Legislative Committee Handbook contains material that is useful for ORANJ Legislative Committee members and for comparable committees at member CCRCs — and indeed for anyone interested in senior issues. Much of the handbook is simply links to appropriate pages of the website of the New Jersey Legislature. Of special interest to seniors is a section listing the current legislators who are on the four committees of interest to senior citizens. A table lists New Jersey CCRCs, their legislative districts, and indicates whether their legislators are on any of the four committees.
Finance Committee Guidebook
In the summer of 2007, ORANJ published a Finance Committee Guidebook for residents of CCRCs who are serving on Finance Committees, as well as other interested Residents, to help them achieve a basic understanding of their CCRC’s financial position and performance as reflected in its financial statements and other key documents. The Guide was updated in 2010. It provides information to answer fundamental questions such as:
- What is needed for a CCRC in order to have long-term financial stability?
- How do you dig useful financial information out of a CCRC’s financial statements?
- What are a resident’s financial rights and protections under the law?
Download a complete copy of the Guidebook (pdf).
Although not ORANJ publications, the following are of interest:
Continuing Care Retirement Communities, a.pdf document, revised in June 2011 by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, includes a list of CCRCs on page 34.